Mar 10, 2009

About Dictionary

I never really go further to get into "studying" dictionaries! It's amazing there are kinds of dictionaries for different usage, and some of them are even entertainment (on-line picture dictionary).

For paper dictionary, the five most commenly used are Oxford, Long-man, Cambridge, Macmillan, Collins Cobuild. I have Cambridge at home. Normally I used the electronic dictionary since it is convenient, but I'll look up in Cambridge if I want to know more about the word. It help me to get the right meaning and usage of the word.

On-line dictionary is another easy assess tool. Where ever you can get on the Internet, there is a free on-line dictionary for you to use. Despite its limited words and explanation, it is convenient.

Dictionary is always a good teacher there for us. Learning about different dictionaries is like knowing about different tools. It helps my learning a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment